Village of First Nations

We are descendants of the Original Peoples, and it was our Ancestors who formed the FIRST NATIONS.

Discussion Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Village Forums » Introductions and Social Chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:03 pm 
Offline
Tribe Member in Training

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm
Posts: 8
Nation: None
This is my first post, so kindly allow me to introduce myself.

I am a third-generation American, entirely of European ancestry, and I am a long-time and frequent participant on a certain UK-based message board.

That discussion board currently has a "hot topic", primarily amongst the UK-resident participants, which provides a forum upon which to discuss their sense that their native land, the beautiful home of their cherished ancestors, is being overrun by persons from other continents, who do not cherish the land as they do, nor do they respect the customs of their country's original inhabitants.

It occurred to me, while reading the posts on that thread, that this historical experience they are now enduring is not without precedent in the history of the world.

***

That is the reason why I am now reaching out to your community, and to your nations.

***

I am requesting two or three regular participants from this message board to join me on that message board to discuss these issues. I request that anyone who wishes to do so possess the maturity, responsibility, spiritual development, and seriousness of purpose to be able to endure disgusting racism with understanding and sympathy towards a people who do not understand what is happening to the world around them. I am asking for teachers, counselors and conciliators with the hearts of warriors and the souls of healers.

***

Any takers?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline
Great Eldar Shaman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:48 am
Posts: 3569
Nation: xolatl
Image

_________________
ollan xolatl


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:40 pm 
Offline
Tribe Member in Training

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm
Posts: 8
Nation: None
ollan xolatl:

I thank you for your reply, but I was hoping for something more in line with the request which I outlined in my post.

I sympathize with your sense of outrage while yet trying to help other people who are currently enduring what your people endured, for the purpose of instilling in them hope for the future of their traditions, regardless of the hue of the skin of their descendants.

Peace!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:26 pm 
Offline
Great Eldar Shaman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:48 am
Posts: 3569
Nation: xolatl
huh ?


Bad Penny wrote:

I sympathize with your sense of outrage while yet trying to help other people who are currently enduring what your people endured, for the purpose of instilling in them hope for the future of their traditions, regardless of the hue of the skin of their descendants.

Peace!

_________________
ollan xolatl


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:42 pm 
Offline
Ranked Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:41 am
Posts: 307
Bad Penny wrote:
This is my first post, so kindly allow me to introduce myself.


I am requesting two or three regular participants from this message board to join me on that message board to discuss these issues. I request that anyone who wishes to do so possess the maturity, responsibility, spiritual development, and seriousness of purpose to be able to endure disgusting racism with understanding and sympathy towards a people who do not understand what is happening to the world around them. I am asking for teachers, counselors and conciliators with the hearts of warriors and the souls of healers.

***

Any takers?

mmm... interesting !!! now how much of the truth can they really handle? there aren't to many people that can handle the truth of life as we know it today. Truth is a pretty big word.
Our Lord says of himself, "I am the way, and the truth" (John 14:6) ? To that i say who is GOD?
the origin of faith? Latin fidem
Many religions consider perfect knowledge of all truth about all things (omniscience) to be an attribute of a divine or supernatural being.
The question of what is a proper basis for deciding how words, symbols, ideas and beliefs may properly be considered true, whether by a single person or an entire society, is dealt with by the five major substantive theories
Correspondence theory
Coherence theory
Constructivist theory
Consensus theory
Pragmatic theory
Aristotle stated: "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true".
Most people can't handle the truth lol...

_________________
pwolikin ; i was a little quil at one time but now that the abc's shapeshifted me i am now a quilicum in a pwolikin's clothing lol.....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:49 pm 
Offline
Tribe Member in Training

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm
Posts: 8
Nation: None
ollan xolatl:

I'm having some difficulty understanding your meaning, as you do not use many words in your responses to me. This clearly indicates that I do not understand the context of this discussion according to your understanding, but please enlighten me as to the context as you understand it.

I only want to understand you. Right now I do not understand what you mean. I do not care whether your response is pleasant or unpleasant to my ears.

Peace. (And hope goes a long way, too.)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:09 pm 
Offline
Tribe Member in Training

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm
Posts: 8
Nation: None
pwolikin wrote:
Bad Penny wrote:
This is my first post, so kindly allow me to introduce myself.


I am requesting two or three regular participants from this message board to join me on that message board to discuss these issues. I request that anyone who wishes to do so possess the maturity, responsibility, spiritual development, and seriousness of purpose to be able to endure disgusting racism with understanding and sympathy towards a people who do not understand what is happening to the world around them. I am asking for teachers, counselors and conciliators with the hearts of warriors and the souls of healers.

***

Any takers?

mmm... interesting !!! now how much of the truth can they really handle? there aren't to many people that can handle the truth of life as we know it today. Truth is a pretty big word.
Our Lord says of himself, "I am the way, and the truth" (John 14:6) ? To that i say who is GOD?
the origin of faith? Latin fidem
Many religions consider perfect knowledge of all truth about all things (omniscience) to be an attribute of a divine or supernatural being.
The question of what is a proper basis for deciding how words, symbols, ideas and beliefs may properly be considered true, whether by a single person or an entire society, is dealt with by the five major substantive theories
Correspondence theory
Coherence theory
Constructivist theory
Consensus theory
Pragmatic theory
Aristotle stated: "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true".
Most people can't handle the truth lol...



I thank you so much for your reply.

That most people can't handle the truth is a truth I learn more and more very day.

Every day I learn the extent to which even I can't handle the truth, but I am grateful to my own failures in this regard, as those failures are my teachers of wisdom.

In the final analysis, I believe that truth involves subjective moral judgement, which is possibly different from factual accuracy, such as, perhaps, a rape victim who was certain she was testifying against her attacker when she was on the witness stand, only to be proven wrong via DNA testing after the guy had spend twenty years in prison. She was certainly telling the truth upon the witness stand, but simply had no idea that what she was saying was wrong.

If she admits that she was wrong, without regard to her reputation or standing within her community, then I would consider her to be a truthful person. If she clings to her original testimony even after it had been proven not to be possible, then I would not consider her to be a truthful person, but, rather, one who regarded her reputation to be more important than justice, and who had, thus, turned her original truth into a lie.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:38 am 
Offline
Chieftan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:26 am
Posts: 691
Location: Arkansas
Nation: Houma
Bad Penny wrote:
ollan xolatl:

I'm having some difficulty understanding your meaning, as you do not use many words in your responses to me. This clearly indicates that I do not understand the context of this discussion according to your understanding, but please enlighten me as to the context as you understand it.

I only want to understand you. Right now I do not understand what you mean. I do not care whether your response is pleasant or unpleasant to my ears.

Peace. (And hope goes a long way, too.)


You sound like you are "recruiting Indians" to join a cause you find important.

It's real simple. They (your adversaries) will never understand.

In internet fights, both sides beat the other to death with what they perceive as logic, and both walk away looking like fools. Those "colonials" are simply "reaping what they have sown."

_________________
  ░
░░░

  ╚═╗
██████


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:51 am 
Offline
Ranked Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:41 am
Posts: 307
Bad Penny wrote:
Every day I learn the extent to which even I can't handle the truth, but I am grateful to my own failures in this regard, as those failures are my teachers of wisdom.
In the final analysis, I believe that truth involves subjective moral judgement, which is possibly different from factual accuracy

U'r rape victim senario "I" see in your symbolism you turned it into assumption and presumption. for DNA ? so you go to science and call that truth? mmm....
I love my brain but every now and again it jumps up and tries to take control to my life, sometimes it doesn't but more times then not it does, so much so my heart starts not becoming able to breath anymore. I become like a rock in a extremely salted lake, no matter how much the water tries to hold me up i "think" of ways to sink to the bottom.
I woke up in the world, and as i accept it therefore it will be, end of story.
Now I was down in Arizona one time,,,mmmm i think that is where i was, but anyways they had these walnut trees (again i think that is what they were) and the way they get the nuts out of the tree was to shake the tree. I thought that was the neatest thing . so I think i will grab the tree and shake it a little more to see if there is a nut up there somewhere. Maybe there is , maybe there's not ?
You keep your head above water long enough to amuse me, I'll shine light down that dark path you say you see before you, but what you see when light hits that path may be totally different then "think" you are looking for. My humble fiend , sorry i mean friend what says you? come sit by the fire with me and lets see how you keep addressing you's audience.

_________________
pwolikin ; i was a little quil at one time but now that the abc's shapeshifted me i am now a quilicum in a pwolikin's clothing lol.....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:47 pm 
Offline
Tribe Member in Training

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm
Posts: 8
Nation: None
Smee wrote:
Bad Penny wrote:
ollan xolatl:

I'm having some difficulty understanding your meaning, as you do not use many words in your responses to me. This clearly indicates that I do not understand the context of this discussion according to your understanding, but please enlighten me as to the context as you understand it.

I only want to understand you. Right now I do not understand what you mean. I do not care whether your response is pleasant or unpleasant to my ears.

Peace. (And hope goes a long way, too.)


You sound like you are "recruiting Indians" to join a cause you find important.

It's real simple. They (your adversaries) will never understand.

In internet fights, both sides beat the other to death with what they perceive as logic, and both walk away looking like fools. Those "colonials" are simply "reaping what they have sown."


You're correct of course, but some of the more nonsensical talk seemed to stop after I posted some of my replies.

The topic is now locked due to excessive number of posts.

Thanks!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 pm 
Offline
Tribe Member in Training

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm
Posts: 8
Nation: None
pwolikin wrote:
Bad Penny wrote:
Every day I learn the extent to which even I can't handle the truth, but I am grateful to my own failures in this regard, as those failures are my teachers of wisdom.
In the final analysis, I believe that truth involves subjective moral judgement, which is possibly different from factual accuracy

U'r rape victim senario "I" see in your symbolism you turned it into assumption and presumption. for DNA ? so you go to science and call that truth? mmm....
I love my brain but every now and again it jumps up and tries to take control to my life, sometimes it doesn't but more times then not it does, so much so my heart starts not becoming able to breath anymore. I become like a rock in a extremely salted lake, no matter how much the water tries to hold me up i "think" of ways to sink to the bottom.
I woke up in the world, and as i accept it therefore it will be, end of story.
Now I was down in Arizona one time,,,mmmm i think that is where i was, but anyways they had these walnut trees (again i think that is what they were) and the way they get the nuts out of the tree was to shake the tree. I thought that was the neatest thing . so I think i will grab the tree and shake it a little more to see if there is a nut up there somewhere. Maybe there is , maybe there's not ?
You keep your head above water long enough to amuse me, I'll shine light down that dark path you say you see before you, but what you see when light hits that path may be totally different then "think" you are looking for. My humble fiend , sorry i mean friend what says you? come sit by the fire with me and lets see how you keep addressing you's audience.


The condition which you describe is a form of anxiety. I forgot the name of it, but the famous physicist Leo Szilard had the same thing.

I am happy to sit by your fireside.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:25 pm 
Offline
Ranked Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:41 am
Posts: 307
Bad Penny wrote:
The condition which you describe is a form of anxiety. I forgot the name of it, but the famous physicist Leo Szilard had the same thing.

I am happy to sit by your fireside.

mmm..."The Voice of the Dolphins" , interesting. interesting.... you are quick to grasp thought for what it is.....now the question did Leo create fiction in the short stories or was he showing another dimension the mind has on clue how to comprehend? for "cold war and fusion? mmmm.... for what he created distroyed physical matter. ain't that funny he petitioned against Hiroshima . good cop bad cop mmmm.....I tell you what life is because i am famous and you will except. now look at the likes he hung with Truman and Einstein mmm....I have found the truth but what i will put out in pubic because of normalcy bias , they will believe. you ever look at maybe that was leo's intent?
for

"There is no death. Only a change of worlds.” - Chief Seattle [Seatlh], Suquamish Chief

or someone you may of studied;

“We don't really act as if we believed in the soul's immortality and that's why we are where we are today.” Edith Hamilton

_________________
pwolikin ; i was a little quil at one time but now that the abc's shapeshifted me i am now a quilicum in a pwolikin's clothing lol.....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline
Ranked Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:41 am
Posts: 307
Bad Penny? mmm... whats with the name? lol .... so what happened to you. it seems i have this problem with those that talk to me every now and again, they just go quiet. maybe i just "know" to much huh lol....I guess when we live in a Orwellian type of system most become tunnel visioned huh lol...

_________________
pwolikin ; i was a little quil at one time but now that the abc's shapeshifted me i am now a quilicum in a pwolikin's clothing lol.....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:09 am 
Offline
Tribe Member in Training

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm
Posts: 8
Nation: None
pwolikin wrote:
Bad Penny? mmm... whats with the name? lol .... so what happened to you. it seems i have this problem with those that talk to me every now and again, they just go quiet. maybe i just "know" to much huh lol....I guess when we live in a Orwellian type of system most become tunnel visioned huh lol...



I apologize for having gone quiet, but my health right now is poor, so I may take some breaks now and then.

I'll now answer your prior post.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello! I'm a newbie in need of some assistance.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:28 am 
Offline
Tribe Member in Training

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:09 pm
Posts: 8
Nation: None
pwolikin wrote:
Bad Penny wrote:
The condition which you describe is a form of anxiety. I forgot the name of it, but the famous physicist Leo Szilard had the same thing.

I am happy to sit by your fireside.

mmm..."The Voice of the Dolphins" , interesting. interesting.... you are quick to grasp thought for what it is.....now the question did Leo create fiction in the short stories or was he showing another dimension the mind has on clue how to comprehend? for "cold war and fusion? mmmm.... for what he created distroyed physical matter. ain't that funny he petitioned against Hiroshima . good cop bad cop mmmm.....I tell you what life is because i am famous and you will except. now look at the likes he hung with Truman and Einstein mmm....I have found the truth but what i will put out in pubic because of normalcy bias , they will believe. you ever look at maybe that was leo's intent?
for

"There is no death. Only a change of worlds.” - Chief Seattle [Seatlh], Suquamish Chief

or someone you may of studied;

“We don't really act as if we believed in the soul's immortality and that's why we are where we are today.” Edith Hamilton



Actually, Leo Szilard was an amazing man, who actually wasn't quite "famous" among the general populace, but was extremely important to physicists. He was actually quite shy about publishing, for some reason, to the point that two physicists went on to win Nobel Prizes based on his work, while he, himself, never won a Nobel Prize. Therefor, what you say about his refusal to submit the fullness of his insight to the general public and to the scientific community is very possible, either out of some sense of "normalcy bias", as you put it, or simply distrust towards the general public and the scientific community as to the use which they might make of his knowledge, born of his bitterness over the fact that the weapon he helped to create, in order to serve as a threat intended to induce surrender, was actually used against human beings.

***

I've never heard the Edith Hamilton quote which you've kindly provided upon this thread, but it a truth which I shall take to heart.

Joy and wisdom to you and to yours!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Village Forums » Introductions and Social Chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron