Village of First Nations

We are descendants of the Original Peoples, and it was our Ancestors who formed the FIRST NATIONS.

Discussion Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Village Forums » Politics and Political Issues

Post subject: Aborignal Uprising and .......
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:23 pm 
-------------

This story came in the Vancouver Sun by Barbara Yaffe March 11,2010.Titled as said Quote: "Conditions ripe for major aboriginal uprising,academic says"."Young 1st Nations people are largely poor,uneducated,prone to crime and live near vulnerable resource areas,ex-force officer argues" Also this government cut the funding for the University in Winnipeg to?Correct me if I'm wrong here?Now that's a problem right there to make matters worse.
http://www.vancouversun.com/life/condit ... story.html
This is the conditions this government put us through instigating this problem.This government keeps ignoring this young generations to what they need for their future and for ours.That's all I will say for now and I do have a predictions regarding all of this to.Yikes.....Oh yea,that OKA Crisis thing to that Barbara also mentioned.

I do specialize in stencils artwork of the Kwakiutl 1st Nations.I do workshops in schools creating a stencilized coloring book.I do workshops in schools with students of all ages. References are on my website.Enjoy...

Post subject: Re: Aborignal Uprising and .......
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:09 pm 
Great Eldar Shaman

Nation: xolatl
do you know how to understand an article like that?

do you know the probable reason it was written?

you and i both know the conditions of many reserves and reservations.

you and i both know that there is a huge problem with alcohol,drugs,dysfuntion and despair.

from what position are you posting this article?

a person that has overcome most of the forementioned obstacles and has succesfully been employed for many years.

do you know ways to get scholastic guidance for those who want to continue there schooling.

sorry for being so blunt but i get sick and tired of the pity party people..

canadian first nations needs to rethink there strategy as far as getting themsleves and youth involved and on track.

parity is not the answer

nor is stirring the pot

Anniecha wrote:
This story came in the Vancouver Sun by Barbara Yaffe March 11,2010.Titled as said Quote: "Conditions ripe for major aboriginal uprising,academic says"."Young 1st Nations people are largely poor,uneducated,prone to crime and live near vulnerable resource areas,ex-force officer argues" Also this government cut the funding for the University in Winnipeg to?Correct me if I'm wrong here?Now that's a problem right there to make matters worse.
http://www.vancouversun.com/life/condit ... story.html
This is the conditions this government put us through instigating this problem.This government keeps ignoring this young generations to what they need for their future and for ours.That's all I will say for now and I do have a predictions regarding all of this to.Yikes.....Oh yea,that OKA Crisis thing to that Barbara also mentioned.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:06 am 
Ranked Warrior

walkxtall wrote:
do you know the probable reason it was written?

Are you suggesting there's an agenda that I have missed there?

Not being argumentative here - just genuinely interested in your take on this, as there may well be a few angles that would not be obvious to me.

I doubt I have anything useful to add here, though...

Quote:
With only five of 308 sitting MPs (and six senators) reflecting Metis, Inuit or first nations ethnicity, Parliament would be better equipped to respond to aboriginal challenges if more first nations people were to become engaged in national political processes.

I am poorly informed here, though I must admit I am surprised that it is as many as five. That is still surely not a good proportional figure in terms of the general population?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:06 pm 
-------------

On this website above to where it says NEWS: Aboriginal Canada/First Nations News. There are many news available there on this site.Just click on the stories and your there.Problems everywhere don't matter where you look.Get my drift?Live with it and deal with it.Like I do.
Do you think those Residential school will erase my thoughts to what happened?No it would not because I went back to school and got an education enough to know how write and read.Got a website to.I'm happy.
http://www.firstnations.com/rss/google-news.php

I do specialize in stencils artwork of the Kwakiutl 1st Nations.I do workshops in schools creating a stencilized coloring book.I do workshops in schools with students of all ages. References are on my website.Enjoy...

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:41 pm 
-------------

I can not help myself for reading this and it reflects on what going by building gangs within the 1st Nations.Other countries are no differences then we are here in Canada. For an example the drug cartels in Mexico to.This is to show you that we are not alone on this by developing gangs amongst the poor people with no jobs and live in poverty.Because this government allows this to happen just ruin our people and our reserves.The government do not care what happens.If they have gangs we will to have gangs.Monkey C Monkey Do Syndrome.God help us all to regain our strength to all 1st Nations to be one again.We will work this out someday.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/1 ... 98131.html

Board index » Village Forums » Politics and Political Issues