Discussion Forums
http://firstnations.com/forum/

Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?
http://firstnations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3141
Page 3 of 3

Author:  Smee [ Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

Ashashane wrote:
I have yet to come across an opinion against marijuana or against any unconventional lifestyle choice that isn't fear based.


Please do not read my question as malevolent .I am totally against it, and have stated my opinions clearly. How have I shown my opinion to be based in fear?

I have yet to meet anyone who wants pot legalized that didn't have as a goal complete intoxication.

Even those who claim to want it as a "medicine" seem to want to use it to the point of - not just relieving the pain - but to the point of being useless.

I live in Arkansas, so we have plenty of it around here, as well as the negative effects of it.

Author:  Theresa13 [ Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

Hi Smee,

Years ago, there was a movement to get legalization of marijuana on the CA State ballot. I didn't meet one person campaigning for it who medically needed it. As I said, I have known people who do need it, and they are responsible about it. I'm sure I could easily obtain a prescription for it as I do have medical causes. I choose not to do so, and it is an informed decision. I smoked it a few times years ago so I know I don't like how it makes me feel.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

Author:  Ashashane [ Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

Smee wrote:
Please do not read my question as malevolent .I am totally against it, and have stated my opinions clearly. How have I shown my opinion to be based in fear?


Fear responses come out of the gate on the attack and that's all I see in the against arguments.
The arguments sound self righteous and stubborn.
They belittle what isn't understood.
The arguments conveniently target extreme examples of what can happen.
People point out the positives and fear reacts by saying they have a secret agenda.

In my opinion, a calm open minded person will look at the issue by gathering as many perspectives as possible then make a decision from that.
Ironically, one of the uses of pot is to help a person see past the fear to do this.

Author:  Theresa13 [ Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

Hi Ashashane,

What you say about people who argue against the legalization of marijuana holds true for the people who argue for it. People on both sides are equally self-righteous and stubborn. My decision not to smoke it doesn't come from fear. It comes from experience. I am all for the legitimate and responsible use of it for true medical reasons.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

Author:  Smee [ Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

Ashashane wrote:
Smee wrote:
Please do not read my question as malevolent .I am totally against it, and have stated my opinions clearly. How have I shown my opinion to be based in fear?


Fear responses come out of the gate on the attack and that's all I see in the against arguments.
The arguments sound self righteous and stubborn.
They belittle what isn't understood.
The arguments conveniently target extreme examples of what can happen.
People point out the positives and fear reacts by saying they have a secret agenda.

In my opinion, a calm open minded person will look at the issue by gathering as many perspectives as possible then make a decision from that.
Ironically, one of the uses of pot is to help a person see past the fear to do this.


It isn't fear, it is disgust. How does rape affect a young girl? How much more when she understands that her own mother sold her to the person for sex in exchange for a small bag of weed?

I guess that would be fear ... fear of seeing more children hurt.

It's no different than drunks. Just a different manifestation of the results of the intoxication.

Read the other statements. Being a pot head doesn't hurt the individual, CHILDREN are hurt by the stupidity it instills in the "adults" because they have relaxed their standards in order to get another high.

Author:  ollan xolatl [ Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

its a personal choice

Author:  reneen008 [ Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

ollan xolatl wrote:
Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

its a personal choice


Well said!

Author:  Smee [ Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

ollan xolatl wrote:
Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

its a personal choice


Agreed.

An informed choice though, is usually a good thing.

As all "medicines" have consequences, it is important to realistically show the not so pretty side effects. The purpose of my comments.

Author:  Petester [ Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

From what I've seen a lot of natives believe everything that white people tell them because that's what subjugating us is about,my mother was raised in a state whete it's illegal and the white people told the natives that its "bad" so they ignorantly believe it,I've recently seen natives in the lower 48 and lots think that mj is bad some of those are worthless and lazy so it's not the weed that does that to them it's the lack of necessary values that aren't taught to them in the home as children,everywhere that I go off the rez down here everyone thinks that im stealing from them that's because I guess don't teach their children to NOT steal,I've seen elderly natives that think that weed is bad and they probably never worked a day in their lives ,on the rez that im at now they have commercials urging natives to NOT kill themselves,those wouldn't be necessary if they were taught self respect in the home like they are supposed to be,NOT just natives EVERYONE it's really sad that natives have so many kids because they don't use birth control then they claim that its because they love children so much but thats a lie,if they did love kids so much they would take the time to teach them values so the world doesn't look down on them taking away their self esteem nudging them towards suicide. Basically the people that aren't aware of the benefits of mj are backwards idiots

Author:  Petester [ Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Cannabis and the native people, where do you stand?

Sorry I forgot.....I've used it daily for 29 yrs and if it wasn't for mj I would probably have killed myself 28 yrs ago and DEFINITELY would have killed other people because I have a psychological condition that only mj relieves.

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/