Village of First Nations

We are descendants of the Original Peoples, and it was our Ancestors who formed the FIRST NATIONS.

Discussion Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Village Forums » Culture and Cultural Issues

Post subject: daring to radically art myself...you?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:58 pm 
Warrior

Nation: mutt
(i have edited this a bit today, "Feb, '07")

i would like to speak a little about what i am doing today and what i have been doing.

i have noted that some of the human beings on this side of momearth take 'personally' some of the art-icles i have chosen for my walke as it goes....uh....and i want to thanque those who have inspired.

Perhaps the following signs that i am wearing (with neon color to boot) will aid in others' artings in this world?:

"DARE TO ART YOUR HEART"

"our heart arts become a method of 'crucial arts', evolving 'martial' without same old song war"

"realize the value of being radically excellent with each other"

and one other that i may share in person with you...hmm? (who knows, i never know where i find myself on this path that i cannot see ahead of me)

I thought I posted a website, but it isn't here now:::: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/magixnart ... index.html (this will take you to various "reports" about some of the x-country "actions" I've carried out in past years; sharing those signs and a flyer full of depth info (of a very broad variety), along with creative "regalia" that "came to me" during various quests for vision.

Last edited by orriorbridgesbetween on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:21 pm 
Great Eldar Shaman

Nation: xolatl
earth to easy target,

sorry to inform you but i think the last human being died on a cheyenne battlefield.

picture todays one world government

six billion myopic gobots

dancing for dollars

>---------------------------------------

Post subject: well walkxtall
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:23 am 
Warrior

Quote:
sorry to inform you but i think the last human being died on a cheyenne battlefield.

does that include you then?

how about all the ancient young people born into this storm?

how about all the people privately holding and keeping their true feelings under wraps under layers and layers of armors and fears? only to "come out" when they imagine they can "get away with" openly speaking truths.

no, i don't buy into your apparently cynical thinking at all, man. And i'd ask you to dive into such and share what you find with those you are inspired by.

Sure, there is the heavy reality in this world which we cannot deny. That doesn't mean that such alienation will follow us into other dimensions beyond this one, or that our exquisite traces left here for future generations won't inspire meaningful foundations!

Why do i get the feeling, walkxtall, that you read/watch too much psy warfare (called mainline and so-called "alternative" media) too much?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:25 pm 
Great Eldar Shaman

cynical ? perhaps it is from your perspective.

but there is a certain amount of inside humour in my replies.

perhaps only known to myself.

are you a hunter s. thompson fan?

Post subject: what you seem to be missing
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:55 pm 
Warrior

I think you're missing the reality that most of what we are fed in the mass media is public relations illusion made to appear foolproof. It's like the war sportscasts. The same old song.

The reality is that while the in the u.s. thought control reigns, outside of the u.s. there is much more of a grey area. Neo colonizers are working diligently (sometimes with native complicity--i.e. "educated" apple indians) to see that most of the rest of the world (er, those who aren't to be wiped out) obtains the values they are to have; thus the introduction of TVs even into villages where grass huts are still the norm.

But of course, we stupid-ized 'n. americans' are being fed a steady diet of illusion, and there are many many successes with the manufacture of our consent.

That you are so apparently easily buying into this shenanigan does not surprise me. The question is, will you continue to poo-poo dissent (and as well work to marginalize it with such antipathy)--and make allies with our shared oppressors, or will you see value in escaping that illusory "sanctuary" and join with the rest of the world in doing what we can to block the insanity of perpetual war profiteers and their ilk?

=========================
A side note: I have heard recently that mail automatically forwarded to me via this site to my email has been blocked in some fashion--even though the email address is still working quite well (I've even gotten forwarded mail messages from other boards). Either something is amiss with this board, or someone is getting pissed that someone is articulating a dissident truth on this forum. Thought I'd pass this on, anyway.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:04 pm 
Great Eldar Shaman

from what i have observed, europeans are conditioned to think within the box.

that thought process seems to be subliminaly enforced in almost all aspects of their lives.

from being born in a box(hospital),to living in a box(house)within a box(rooms) to striving at the workplace to have their own box(office) and finally to be buried in a box(coffin)

is there no escape the box?

>-------------------------------------------

Post subject: escaping the box
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:38 am 
Warrior

is there no escape the box?

>-------------------------------------------
(note: i'm editing this a bit since i last posted it)
Hmm, now you said something quite simple there! (i mean this in a *good* way! You have a gift with simplicity!) And yes, i agree! As far as escape, one has to, in my view/experience, be forced out to begin to see. Being forced out can take up a broad variety of experiences. The basic thing is that people begin to see that there is a whole other reality outside that they never imagined before (*but* may have *intuitively* imagined, yet having learned to suppress such, since intuition is "much too dangerous" a form of independent energy in a society oriented so deeply to thought control).

And so they pursue it, naturally, especially if it keeps cropping up!

And i did this myself and began "stumbling upon" lots and lots of truths that were kept quite well hidden, and still are. And then i found myself opening up to escaping the general values altogether, as i found limitations to the alternative truths (Tom Szasz's alternative truths about so-called 'mental illness' come to mind, most easily; even tho I have since questioned the value of "professional" ways of doing things and a few other issues I have with Szasz).

So i permitted myself to invent, to explore further, and i began seeing this *box* you are talking about.

Being creatively oriented has helped as well...

And then i began to be able to hear the voices of native peoples beyond merely their most readily notable experiences of injustice.

So, it's been a process. Still in process!

i'd be curious to other peoples' experiences...but it seems like just you and me speaking here of late...what happened? (maybe they're listening and the silence isn't what we may be used to believing--expecting the worst?)

Last edited by orriorbridgesbetween on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:08 pm 
Great Eldar Shaman

if you have noticed this is a first nations website.

intended for the use of first nations peoples.

from a personal point of view i come to this website in hopes of visiting with other first nations peoples.

for some reason or another non natives do come to this website, perhaps out of interest in native life or perhaps in hopes of stirring up trouble.

if i may ask what is your interest in being here on first nations?

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: re: why i am here
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:07 pm 
Warrior

walkxtall wrote:
if you have noticed this is a first nations website.

intended for the use of first nations peoples.

from a personal point of view i come to this website in hopes of visiting with other first nations peoples.

for some reason or another non natives do come to this website, perhaps out of interest in native life or perhaps in hopes of stirring up trouble.

if i may ask what is your interest in being here on first nations?

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a bit long-winded (you surely expect this by now, eh?):

Ah, this is the first reply I have read today after just checking my private messages here. One message maker made a private post to me especially about this topic (and I suggested he post it here--again, *before* I read this thread!)! How interesting!

He/she suggested some ideas that i agree with, like the one about how we 'euros' (not her/his word) are inspired by openings (i'm rewriting a bit now) in thinking through things that aren't comprehended (largely) by our fellow peoples of euro descent. Largely anyway. If I want to have discussions like i have gotten in here, I see that i've got to go academic and learn all the academic jargon. Really. I.e. cybernetics or symbiotics (ooooo--eeeeeeek--argggggh). Or, I've got to talk to/with anarchists (which I do from time to time; tho so many seem to be so out for blood and don't seem to see the value of escaping what looks to me like "always war" mind-set). And the anarchist, especially the post-left variety, do have some deep, inspiring ideas. Yet i think they're missing major things--such as many principle anarchist thinkers who assume that first nations peoples don't have anything serious to contribute to their thought. (i could go on, but i'll hold myself back!)

Yet the spirit of *this* forum, unlike so many, has allowed "us" to have laid-back-types of conversations--all without paying (not the case for salon.com), and all without the usual knee-jerk anger reflections so many of us experience in online forums! And that is a wonderful gift to experience.

This alone moves me to want to inspire those with the power to "kick me out" --to think again. What potential there is here. What if we saw the value of seeking to understand each other, *while* not allowing ourselves to be psychologically beaten (and the other tricks which true trouble makers may seek to bring to such a forum as this).

Perhaps though you feel that I am being too forward too much, and that this is "chasing" others away? That this is somehow being disrespectful. Is saying what I think too much disrespectful in your culture? It seems to me that speaking our truths is extremely important--even if we aren't readily understood! Yet perhaps this is not the forum for such vision?

And, is it only a question of race, that i am not a first nations person? After all, you didn't bring this up until recently....

What are you really seeking to get at? Are you referring to my post involving the winkte/two-spirit/gay native site? Or my speaking my feelings about your handling of a poster (whom I don't know) which I think you missed some things about? Or your feeling overwhelmed by trying to decipher/understand my postings? (you don't have to read them do you?) Or?

Maybe you think I have spent too much time working hard to *say my peice*? Every once in awhile I do have time on my hands and I try to put it into places where I think my ideas, experiences, and feelings will be heard.

So, what's the bottom line for me? (to be more succinct; *not* something i'm good at!)

I want to inspire and be inspired by my fellow human beings (to carry on efforts of principled resistance consciousness--to continue to develop serious paradigms/awareness beyond the pitfalls of colonization and its seemingly myriad traps---on *all* sides of Mom Earth; i want to promote *evolution* of mind-set away from the "everyday" war of so-called "civilization"). I want to engage in thorough thoughtfulness with my fellow human beings; thoughtfulness which includes "critical thinking" about the perceptional realities which can have a way of sneaking past the best of our efforts to be aware; i want to complement efforts to *think things through*.

But i am coming at all of this from a separated space. You do not know me, no one here knows me. Perhaps it would be good to meet, someday. i look forward to it! i am a "gypsy" nomad and i move all over the u.s. and etc. (still, after too many years).

In my separation i am a bit crazy. After all, apparently all around me human beings are acquiescing to being working stiffs and accepting their "fate" of dreams caught on the rough rocks of imposed reality. i have found ways to escape such ends, so far. And i live it! i have found ways through the proverbial cracks!

With all of this in mind, plus my life experiences (at my young age of 40!), i feel strongly that i have many gifts. But some people fear such things. They want what they are used to. Maybe this is the way humanity will go, and the armageddon (aka "the worst") they seem so committed to will happen. Yet my radical life experiences lead me to see that *this does not have to be*!

And so i walk in here singing my songs and daring to speak. And i do it with honors to others who continue to dare. Should i name them? A few include first nations people.

Of course, you and 'your' people can choose to reduce my broad potential input to merely another "white man" trickster who cannot be trusted, forever. That is your choice. I can see why many cannot rise beyond this categorically; yet i say it's folly. "We" would do better to step back from our hysterical fears and see the unwanted realities---that war- mindset/rigidized fear/severe alienation is the true enemy, not people, not human beings!

i am so deeply inspired by aboriginal peoples' articulations of dissent and alternative seeing! Yet i do not merely consume such as another empty spectacle (as my still deeply colonized brethren (i am not saying i'm "no longer" colonized--i have blindspots like anyone!)). i actually translate insights and depth consciousness i find here (and in our open-ended (!) conversations) into my "project" of claiming to *be in solidarity with informal humanity*. This project is an "art" project. i am "arting myself"; i am not a "warrior" but an "orrior" committed to creative, radical nonviolence. This is 'troublesome' to those who do not really want to move beyond (perhaps) what they are used to and poisoned with.

Perhaps you/others reading this would like to hear more about some of these things i speak of and share your feelings and etc.? i would LOVE such feedback, even if it ain't nice. How about this:
www.angelfire.com/folk/magixnartz/flouggindex.html (tell me if that link works; you might have to reload the page a few times to get it to work). You will see, there, several "crazy" interactions i have been engaged in--across the u.s.a.--including one about a pow-wow i had the nerve/foolishness to interact with.

I cannot help but to be a human being myself. (This includes my winkte/'two spirit' sides!) CERTAINLY i do not have "all the truth" on "my side" (whatever that is). i could use humanity (can't we all!). And such humanity ain't going to be found readily. So i see that i am going to need to "shove off" from "the banks of the river" (as Hopi elders are counseling, apparently) and go into the middle of the heavy current of what is going down now--and *celebrate* with whomever i find myself swimming with.

i am like my fellow brothers/sisters who are flailing and remaining barely afloat in this world. i will not deny this. i want sanity. Why should i have to conform to "nice" fakery? What is life if we cannot be ourselves?

Isn't it *fresh air* to have others around who *dare* to speak from their albeit imperfect hearts---even if the language is not "easy" to "understand" (using contemporary narrow mindedness, or paradigms which block out whole aspects of creative being, i.e. as the radical psychiatrist R.D. Laing once said basically: "As domains of experience become more and more estranged from us, it will take greater and greater open-mindedness to conceive of their existence."--from _The Politics of Experience_).

Well, i've blathered on for quite some length, eh? This is only a reflection of how deeply i allow your challenge, however slight, to touch me. And yes, I'm feeling threatened by your post; I'm figuring that you have already made your mind up and that you weild the power (?) to kick me/have me kicked out of here-----at a time when I have presented an articulate challenge to some of your apparent beliefs (i.e. with a poster in a thread that is old; do you know what i am speaking of?).

I feel that my presence here is a good thing--tho certainly imperfect (and wanting input!); I do not intend to superficially "stir up trouble" nor do I intend to '.... with' you/anyone else.

i would like to be seen as one who walks with beaten-down peoples--all peoples--all human beings--in a way where we begin to see our similarities more than our differences! But some people do not want these things to happen, or fear such developments. They seem to be very afraid of unknowns. Russell Means talked about this to extents in his book _Where White Men Fear To Tread_.

Why is it that you must judge me based on my not being a descendant (as far as I know) of the first nations of this side of Mom Earth? Why not judge me based on the merit of my ideas, or the merit of different peoples' intuitions?

But if you (and those who control this forum) cannot deal with this, I will leave. What good is it to put energy where people cannot allow themselve to hear, or even try?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:43 pm 
Great Eldar Shaman

theres an old reservation story line that goes like this:

i live with my wife,my children and my anthropologist.

guess the internet is no different.

>-------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: this is a gOOd daY to fLy off
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:46 pm 
Warrior

walkxtall wrote:
theres an old reservation story line that goes like this:

i live with my wife,my children and my anthropologist.

guess the internet is no different.

>-------------------------------------------------------------------

While there may be some "anthropologist" in me, since I am a product of my programming and conditioning, I also am a victim of such, as a fellow descendant of tribes. And I am a survivor like you. I am conscious of the masked attempts at utilizing europeon science and its scientists (i.e. anthropologists) as the tools of statecraft and colonization. I know that anthropologists have internalized the values of the system that uses them as tools to implement its severely alienated values.

You seem committed to wanting to keep the divisions which benefit colonizer games, not wishing to see the value of having non-native allies. But you do not know me......and I do not know you.

The internet is no place to really get to know each other, since so many emotions and the vibes of our eyes cannot speaque. I see that. I think it is time I move on.

I should know better than to believe that merely I can possibly be of valid service to human beings who have been smashed for more than 500 years. I guess I must be amongst those who come here so conceited!

Good bye, and may we meet someday somewhere.

Anyone who wishes to reach out, may email me (I won't hold my breath tho). I am going to end my involvement here quickly (I don't know if I can take my name from this place, but we will see).

Oh, yes, I suppose I will stop by from time to time to read posts....like I said, some of what is said here has been meaningful to me.

May you realize the value of being radically excellent with your fellow human beings.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:19 pm 
Great Eldar Shaman

The Road Not Taken
by Robert Frost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:15 pm 
New Arrival

Well said.

Post subject: beau'ful
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:24 am 
Warrior

wise words, i feel. i imagine such a scene, tho not understanding all of the words.

Wisdom speaques through you, man. Chieftan works well. A year ago i could not hear you (tho i did not read your last until tonite), i could not hear your heart. You seem to speaque so deeply that only after long periods can i then begin to see the blindspots i held and hold.

Then again, my path, i see, is a process-ing (there would be an *eye* in that "g" if i was writing by hand), as with so many others of the descendants of the tribes of europe. Could anything else be expected?

So many of the descendants of the tribes from this side of MomEarth take for granted the ways that they are, i have witnessed. What for you is self-evident, for many (if not most) of us, we have absolutely no frame of reference.

Only if we allow ourselves to go crazy, perhaps can we begin to see (but we must again give ourselves permission to see what we have been so deeply programmed not to see). As for myself, i regularly phall ass-backwards in the *Seize of Schizophrenia*; a Great Sea that i've learned to "swim" within.

i have some artwork about this i'd like you to see. You might enjoy it. Hmm, where is that.... [url=http://free-association.net/index.php?option=com_fa_gallery&task=associationGallery&id=599]
art about swimming in the Sea of Schizophrenia, which i made[/url] (note: it could well be removed soon, so you might want to copy it somewhere for looking later. It's all anti-copyright, except for the deadening cult-ure mind media.

Windy days with sky surfers cracking jokes over bullhorns,
easy t

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:45 pm 
-------------

Easy Target?My name is Cat Thunder and you are the most educated person to target Walkxtall.
All of Walkxtall posting? I ignore them [sometimes]and they are not worthy of sometimes .It is boring and to long to read.Reading yours make a lot of sense.The words you use are great.Wow!!!!
I am not afraid to speak my mind either and I read your post and I really and I am touched by the words you say and I am artist I respect your visionary words and all I did was being coloured within your world of knowedge.
I think Walkxtall finally met his match and I appreciate him not hogging this site like I told him he's got this "Know It All Syndrome" and he's got answers for everything it doesn't matter who post anything on this sdite.Easy Target, I love your ways and stay on and educate us not to be afraid.Cat Thunder.

I do specialize in stencils artwork of the Kwakiutl 1st Nations.I do workshops in schools creating a stencilized coloring book.I do workshops in schools with students of all ages. References are on my website.Enjoy...

Board index » Village Forums » Culture and Cultural Issues