Village of First Nations

We are descendants of the Original Peoples, and it was our Ancestors who formed the FIRST NATIONS.

Discussion Forums

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Village Forums » News & Annoucements

Post subject: Anyone seen an Indigenous review of book Thundersticks?
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:07 pm 
Warrior

Nation: fra-eNg-scO-rishMUTT
I looked around, but found nothing, not in the usual places i visit, anyway.

Seems to me this book, from looking it over quickly, is yet another attempt to character assassinate Indigenous folks en masse, by keeping contexts out and settler values in, thinking/assuming that Indigenous folks were/are just as violence-prone as settler people, etc.

They of course appear ignore the power of settler media and the diverse realities of thought control in that cult-ure, with settlers soaking in it up to our ignorant necks, and Indigenous folks having nothing similar.

That's just one thing to add to the mix, where it is not touched on, as far as i noted.

For a look at what this book covers, if you don't have access to it, check this review out:

http://energyskeptic.com/2017/a-book-review-of-thundersticks-firearms-and-the-violent-transformation-of-native-america-by-david-j-silverman/ (includes lengthy excerpts from the book)

Btw, if you don't have the time or energy to write up a bit response, i'd certainly like to hear your initial feelings. And such might be ammo for others!

Board index » Village Forums » News & Annoucements